Valuable resource, with ongoing encouragement and willingness to work one-on-one
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
- Selected by UpStart an incubator and Covenant Foundation in 2016-2017 as one of three cities to facilitate a Jewish Community Hackathon. This generous grant was designed to address engagement challenges in creative and novel ways.
- Selected by Slingshot in 2012-2013, 2014-2015, and 2015-2016 as a top Innovative organization in North America
- Selected to join Nitzan, Covenant Foundation’s Innovative After School program network
- Kesher, an after school program for Kavod Hebrew Charter students, was a member of The Jewish Education Project’s Hebrew Charter After School Network made possible through a generous grant from the Steinhardt Foundation for Jewish Life.
- Reached as many as 140 students annually, 200-400 participate weekly or bi-monthly, and over 2000 Jewish households
- Introduced Modern Hebrew in public elementary school campuses
- Recognized by the Reut Institute in The Israeli Diaspora as a Catalyst for Jewish Peoplehood March, 2012 and Engaging the Israeli Diaspora: Toronto as a Case Study June 2013
- Highlighted in eJewishPhilanthropy, Steinhardt Contact Magazine, Times of Israel, Jewish World, Jewish Journal. Read More
Brainstorming ideas with like-minded passionate individuals really helped me to see the creativity and opportunities
Providing a forum for start-up entrepreneurs to share information with each other means we don’t have to reinvent the wheel on our own!