from your Computer at home
Tarbuton Nipagesh Flyer 2015 We’re taking pen pals “digital” connecting San Diego Jewish children and new friends in Israel. Connect from home through educator managed online communities with new friends in Israel learning about each other’s cities, celebrating Jewish holidays, and sharing music, games and videos. San Diego Teen Interns will encourage new friendships and engagement. Participants don’t have to know Hebrew or English fluently. Posting in either Hebrew or English is fine. The platform is provided by an Israeli startup that is working with the government and schools in Israel. The online community is open only to specific schools and their teachers on each side of the ocean. The general public is not permitted to enter. This pilot program will run through June 15th with the option for families and Teens to continue through Summer.
WHO CAN APPLY? DEADLINE: March 31, 2015
- 120 San Diego children: Ages: 4th-7th grade
- 10 Online Community Manager Interns: Teens
BENEFITS FOR ALL
- Online access: to “Facebook like” experience with local and Israeli educators
- Training and support: connecting families and encouraging friendships
- Expand your Jewish network: new friendships and connections with Israelis and more Jewish families with children of similar ages and interests in San Diego
- Improve your knowledge: of Israel, Israeli culture and Hebrew through shared videos, games, pictures, and stories with families and educators in Israel
- Make Israel San Diego connections:with the potential to last a life time
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS FOR TEEN INTERNS
- Marketing training: from Social Media Professionals
- On the job experience: building and managing international online communities
- Founder/Startup experience: be a part of starting something new
- Community service: earn credit for school community service requirements
Anticipated Timeline – Pilot runs through June 15th with option to continue through Summer
March 15: Applications and interviews of Teen Online Community Manager Interns
March 15-30: Market program to community and conduct Teen Intern trainings
March 15-April 12: Tarbuton families login
April 12: Education Partner students login
June 15: Pilot ends
How much will this cost my institution or program to participate?
There is no fee in this pilot year for families enrolled in the Tarbuton classes. There is an $18 fee for families who choose to join us in the open enrollment after March 15. Interns are volunteers and there is no fee for the internship. Educators, we are happy to have 2-15 of your kids or more from your enrolled student body in Sunday School programs and/or Day School. The Tarbuton will subsidize up to 120 students. Join a classroom, or entice a few kids. Encourage a Teen intern from your family, organization or several. If the pilot is a success we will expand it next year.
How much time will it take for a Parent or Partner Educator to participate?
Parent, Teacher/Director can be involved or not. This is a family and/or school decision if you integrate this into curriculum in the program or simply give their children access to do at home. Educators can create additional online communities themselves and/or choose to use only those already built.
How much time will this take for my kids?
As little or as much as they want. They can login and participate whenever they like and as often as they like.
Is this a program only for use during school hours?
We anticipate most of the use will come from home, freely and comfortably. Though the platform supports media rich opportunities to supplement classroom experiences should educators want to integrate use in the classroom.
What grades are ideal to participate?
We believe grades 4th-7th are ideal. However, this is your choice.
Contact: 858-201-6094 x3 or firstname.lastname@example.org